Did you win the race today and what was your time?
How many runs do you do a week?
I always advise people training for a race that they do at least 3 varied runs per week, including a long one if they are training for distance, would you agree?
- Yes, I always do 2 easier runs for recovery and 3 harder runs which include various harder efforts
What is your favourite set?
- 2-4-2 (2 miles easy, 4 miles hard, 2 miles easy)
At Dynamic Fitness we do a lot of strength work with our clients, do you do strength exercises to improve for your running?
- Yes, every week. A mixture of Squats, Lunges, Clams - all bodyweight exercises to increase my leg strength and help prevent injuries
What is your 5k Parkrun PB?
Do you have a goal to still improve this?
- I would love to get under 16 mins but I know that would take a 5 month block of training to do so and at the moment I am training for distance
What is your next race then?
- The Peterborough Half next weekend; my aim is to get under 1:15:00 to get my qualifying time for the London Marathon next year
Finally, what about nutrition?
- It’s the same before every race - a glass of water, a banana and some cereal. I just vary the amount depending on the distance. If I am doing a marathon I even treat myself to a Mars Bar at the start line - it seems to work for me!
If you are looking at improving your running speed then come along to Ross' Running Club on Tuesday nights - meeting at 6pm at Dynamic Fitness
Click here to book: http://www.getdynamic.co.uk/classes/